Friday, May 30, 2008

"Tatum the Babysitter"

So funny b/c I kind of ended our little CO-OP babysitting group this week. Tatum has been wanting to start babysitting and I was all over that! I told her I have to teach her and she must get ALOT of practice before anyone will want to pay her :). So then yesterday a friend of mine w/ 2 kids ages: 6 and 3 called and said "Could Tatum babysit tonight for just an hr in between when I have to leave and my husband will be home from work. So like 5:30-6:45."
Talk about feeling old!! I have a daughter that can babysit??? WoW! I was way more worried then she was. I gave her the drill before she left. No movies, play with the kids, clean up messes, I am here if you need me, etc, etc... "ya, ya ya I know mom, she said as she left" I can't beleive how old she is already. She is such responsible girl and did a great job. Even got paid $7.00 and The 6 yr old was happy to have the "president" as his babysitter. My baby is growing up!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! Tatum's making her own money! Since you ended co-op I think you should have to let me use her every other Friday :) j/k

Sally said...

Wow! She's only 10. She is very responsible. And almost 11, I guess, which was when I started watching the Brady's kids--and in that semi-shady neighborhood in Fullerton. I can't believe Tatum is old enough for that either though, especially when I remember that you were pregnant with her during my first year of college. And...here I still am.