Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dog

I got a dog. Well not just me... Two of my roommates decided they really wanted a dog. They asked me and I said it would be okay so long as it wasn't too big, didn't bark, and didn't shed.

I didn't think they'd actually get one for a while but two days after we talked about it they brought home a three month old pit bull. It's a boy, he's very mellow sleeps a lot and is NOT potty trained yet.

So if anyone knows how to potty train a dog let me know. I think my roommates are going to take him some place and find out but I bet it will take them a while to get around to it. Also if anyone has any great ideas for names place them along with your comments. We were calling him George Saint Pierre (he's a famous UFC fighter) but we just keep calling him George or Pierre and none of us really like either of those names much.

9 comments:

Sally said...

Yuck, I'm kind of jealous. It's cute. Except that it might eat children someday, but at least it doesn't bark. How about Guiseppe, and you can call him Juice. I'm just kidding. I don't know, but i'll keep names in mind.

Sally said...

Bruiser?

Mom said...

Riley. With all of you guys to play with, he'll be living the good life. (The "life of Riley").

I think I've heard that you put down newspaper and train him to go on the paper. Then move the paper outdoors. But I'll bet you can find good info online somewhere.

Have fun and teach him to be nice! Grandma has always said her favorite dog growing up was a pit bull, that you have to train them to be mean. So be good to him.

Mom said...

Grandma says Geronimo...Gerry for short.

Mom said...

Grandma also suggests Bible names--Jeremiah, Benjamin, Samson, etc.

I guess I'm a bit slow. I never realized that's what our dogs were named for...

Amy said...

Wow jeff big responsibilty!! A dog almost as good as a girl friend except you only take it out when you want! Hope you are plaaning to have it inside in the HOT Vegas summer, where do you go to let it run around? That will be fun you were young when we had willy do you remember him much?

Sally said...

So, what's the dog's name? And, also, I remembered to be a little mad because a long time ago you said we were going to live in San Diego and get a dog. I'm annoyed I got X'd out of the plan. Well, I guess we're both living half of it. And, btw, I got the better half! :)

Jeff Giles said...

You got the way better deal. I'd trade this dog to live in San Diego anytime. I'll trade him for some magic beans if he doesn't get potty trained soon.

Kate said...

So are you making magic bean soup?