Thursday, May 8, 2008

El Templo


Today I had an interview with the temple presidency and they called me to be a temple worker. They told me I could say no if I feel too busy, but it's something I've wanted to do for a long time now. I think I just have to do it and make the time. I told him I can start in June, so I can wrap this quarter up first. They already set me apart, right then and there! Gotta love the Church; they are always very efficient.
I'll be working the Saturday Spanish shift, which is an extra bonus. The San Diego Temple serves most of Baja California as well, and Saturdays are when the Mexico stakes come up, so it gets packed with Spanish speakers. Just my style!
I'm really grateful for this chance the Lord has given me to serve, first as RS Pres and now in the temple. I feel it shaping my life in good ways. And I always feel like Dad would be proud of me when I make time for the temple, like he always did. He was such a good example that way.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! That is so awesome! You're right dad would be very proud! It was so fun to see you. By the way, sorry the toilets were turned off and water heater turned down after we left. Love you!

Sally said...

Luckily I didn't shower, but I was wondering about the toilets...sorry about that!

Amy said...

Sall
That is so awesome I know you will be blessed for making it work! I am also sure Dad IS STILL proud of you. Keep being a great example to all of us Thanks!

Mom said...

Oh, so happy for you, Sally! I know it's something you've talked about for a long time. Dad loved his time in the temple--I never saw him so happy as that last year when he was a temple worker. Even when I knew he wasn't feeling well, he never complained about the time or the drive...he loved being there. That's probably my greatest regret--that I never went when he was officiating. It truly did change his life.