Thursday, May 22, 2008

Swimming Lessons




We just finished our 8th swimming lesson today for Eli and Holly and I just had to report Eli's triumph. He was so scared starting out and even ran away from the teacher a couple times. Now he LOVES it and is constantly going under water and is getting close to swimming! The best part is seeing him and how excited he is that he's overcome his fear. Also, can you see the rain? We have this freak storm today and probably through the weekend. I think it's LV too-. The weather guy said there hasn't been a storm like this here in May for the past 100 yrs! It is awesome though! Day before yesterday it was 110 and today was down 50 deg. to 60!
Holly is swimming and is cute to watch. I love this picture because everything is blurry except her. Lucky shot. Anyway, swim lessons have been fun- it's the highlight of their day for sure.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am lovin it too!(the rain) except I was walking to school this afternoon w/ 3 kids in a wagon when the down pour hit! The faces of the teachers was priceless though. "OH MY" they kept saying "I can't believe you are laughing" I said "I learned along time ago not to cry about things like this! I save it for the big stuff ;)"
Soooo proud of you ELI!!!

Kate said...

That is so funny because we started walking to school and it started sprinkling with the big drops. We were up to the corner and I decided to turn back. I was sooo glad I did. That was crazy.

Mom said...

Yea for Eli!!! Give him double hugs for me.

We've got the rain, thunder and lighening, and hail, snow in the mountains and even a real tornado twister that turned over a row of train cars and a big rig. It's very weird.

Kate said...

where was there a twister? That is super weird!

Mom said...

The twister was out in the Moreno Valley area--very weird.