Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Halloween Memories



Ok I know Halloween is still 2 months away but I was at the store yesterday and they had their stuff out already, so me and the kids were purusing through and I saw this cat! Doesn't he look just like our old Halloween cat! I tried to leave him at the store but he kept calling me back to him. I kept walking back down the aisle to look again (like Kate and her Chips) :) So as I was paying for my other needed items I said "Jane run back and get the CAT!" Now here he is waiting for Oct 1 st to sit on our porch for the month. I still love Halloween! I don't usaully dress up much anymore, a witch hat or something but it is such fun dressing all the kids and you know who doesn't like having candy all over the house. (we just don't admit that as freely) So a new black cat in the family again.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Does he have a fancy metal tail?

Amy said...

he is wood w/ a plastic tail

Mom said...

Yep. He bears a definite family resemblance. I even called Grandma in to show her. I think I finally got rid of the old one last year--just too ragtag to use anymore. Nice to see the genes carried on.

Sally said...

I love it. I can't believe you debated so long about getting him! But I'm glad you chose wisely in the end. Now, do you have a Mr. Bones paper plate skeleton, too?

Miranda said...

Isn't he supposed to have green eyes?

Amy said...

I'm sure mom's was a homemaking craft! Come on this as good as it gets without making it at enrichment again!

Mom said...

Grandma made it, not me. The cat was originally on a card that she liked, so she enlarged it and covered it with cloth and set him on the porch at Halloween. I just adopted him when they moved out of the old house.