Thursday, September 11, 2008

Broadlawn Street Rocks







I've been living in my new HOUSE (woo hoo! Be gone, communal living!) for about a month now. First off, it's super cute, as you can see on the left. And I love having lots of roommates again. Although I may have been somewhat of a solitary, bookwormish child and also a sometimes too-independent teenager, I've realized that I am much too social to live alone. When your one roommate has a serious boyfriend, that's what it often amounts to. Now there is always someone home to have fun with, especially since neither Melanie or I are working yet. Glad I'm not alone in my underemployment. There are 5 of us: Me, Krystle, Melanie, Julia, and Dayna.
And I love my new craigslist find--the rocking chair. I've taken a surprising amount of grief for buying this--several jokes about knitting. I think it's really cute. To me, it's reminiscent of island life such as in the DR where everyone has rocking chairs and sits around in the evenings talking to family and neighbors (which are often the same thing). This area is always shady, thanks to the olive tree, and it's perfect for reading. I've got my stack of books there in the picture, and school hasn't even started yet. Another day in the good life!

4 comments:

Jeff Giles said...

Rocking Chair Yuck? Really? Did you feel like you weren't grizzled enough? Cause you are.

It's a nice Yuck.

Kate said...

I love it! So cute and looks really happy and relaxing.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.