Friday, September 5, 2008

Are You A Mexi-CAN?

Or a Mexi-CAN'T... The difference will determine your future vacation plans. At this point I have talked to everyone about doing a family vacation in Mexico. My initial thought was Roserito but Amy & Katie say that a lot of people from Arizona go to a place they call Rocky Point whose real name is Puerto Penasco. It's in Sonora, Mexico and about 150 miles from Phoenix. I've done some searching for houses and prices and what not and found a great house called "Casa Buena Fortuna" for those of you who don't speak the kings Spanish that means House of Good Fortune. The house has 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, enough space for 18 people, a kitchen with all utilities and conveniences of your home, and immediate beach access.











Pretty amazing huh? But your thinking the Giles-Froerer-Kleven Family is too poor for such extravagant living (with the exception of Mom). Ah, but this is Mexico where all your dollars are converted to pesos. I've already talked to the owners and they've agreed to the price of $2,650 for the week. Now divide that by the Froerer's, Kleven's, Mom, Sally, Miranda, and Jeff. It's close if your in Arizona, it's cheap, and it would be great! I've got more photos and info about prices for various things. Post your questions and thoughts in the comments section.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Wow it looks amazing. That'd be great if we can pull it off. I'm glad you found out what "Rocky Point" is called no thanks to me. Did you talk to them about availablility? Did you try to price it out? Are there cleaning fees, tax, etc?

Jeff Giles said...

Don't worry about not remembering the name Amy remembered. Cleaning fee is $95. It's available $2,650/week. It's available for that price in either June or August.

Amy said...

I want to say I'm a mexi "CAN" but I'm more of a Mexi "realist" I don't think we can pull that off if summer maybe in a few but mom had a good idea to go camp at the beach! I want to do some kind of fam- reunion for sure. Maybe we can all take a turn planning one Start this year w/ mom by the time its your turn we will be able to afford it!

Mom said...

The house in Mexico is Gorgeous! Much more than I had expected, and a great price. But even at a great price, there are several who are going to have a hard time with it.

For some reason I'm in camping mode at the moment--family camp sounded fun this year. Gimme a year or two and I may be too old and ache-y to do it anymore. 3 of us have big tents that have hardly been used. I'm willing to look for a good place and pay for the reservations if everyone wants. I can afford to do that for everyone.
I think it could be great fun, IF everyone is up for it. I don't want to overrule a majority vote.

Mountains with lake--we can rent ski-do's or canoes or something.

Beach--well, it's the beach.

Yosemite? Carpinteria? Shaver? Carlsbad? Big Bear?

Think it over and give me some input.

Sally said...

Need you ask me? You all know I'm a Mexi-CAN! Si se puede!!! I would find a way to make it happen. Even have my passport on its way. But I won't be a hater about going other places. I love camping, beach or otherwise.