Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sony Quality


In my recent move I finally trashed (with a reverberating thud in the dumpster) this lovely CD player. I got it for my 16th birthday from Mom and Dad, and it served me well for a good 14 years now. Sure, it's been a little spotty for the last few, but overall this product alone has won my customer loyalty. I can't think of any other object that has brought me so many years of happiness. I do love music. Ah, well. I love my iPod, too. But I have serious doubt its battery life will exceed 14 years. So, thanks Mom! Great gift. The end of a glorious era here!

2 comments:

Amy said...

OH sad I hate to get rid of things like that, even though really no reason to keep them. The sentiment is great. Glad to see your moving is going well.

Kate said...

nice new blog Sal! I was kinda hoping you were going to say you knocked on the drivers window to see what was up with the "Giles" thing. I wonder if it's a company name or something. Anyway- we still have 2 old such CD players in our house. We still periodically use them and they both still usually work so we'll have them probably for awhile longer. It's hard to throw away working products.