Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Randa!!!

Thought I'd do a little birthday flashback tribute to our favorite youngest sister! We love you, Randa! And what a little cutie you were...and are, of course. Look at these little red pigtails!

Does it get better than a My Little Pony on your birthday? Well, maybe. But look at all your sisters excited enough to be hovering around "helping you" with it!

A few other tidbits I'd like to point out. In this picture, Amy is Tatum's age--12. Katie is 10--about the same as Jane and Emma. I'm 7--Eli. Don't we look older than your kids do?

Also, I love my yarn ribbon and florescent yellow sleeves! Ah, 1985--you were so good to us.

Another thing I LOVE about looking at old picture is the stuff in the background because all of these objects kind of make up the everyday history of our lives. They are what we stared at while eating cereal, or what we broke and didn't want to 'fess up to, or loved or hated even then. So, don't we all remember that Nutcracker soldier? I'm wondering if it snuck out before the Dec 1 official decorating date, or (ugh) had it been out since the year BEFORE? ha ha.
I believe that is my crayon and marker set--loved it!
That clown tricycle guy looks really familiar, but I feel like it came and went. And I don't know where from or to? Anyone?
And, best for last, "I LIKE HOUSEWORK. I LIKE HOUSEWORK. I LIKE HOUSEWORK." How many days did I go to school with that mantra in my head. A lot of good it did this pretty unhelpful child.

















A cute one of me and Randa at around 1 and 6. Well, cuter of Randa.























And finally, I found this gem, which of course I love because Dad is in it and being totally himself. It must've been a Sunday, since we're all dressed up. Dad, joking around as usual and ruining my 9 year old cool. I'm rockin' my yellow jeanskirt, and probably sucking down the last of my Halloween candy. (Lollipops are last pick.) And Randa, hamming it up and finishing off all those hand-me-downs. A Grandma Giles special?























Anyway, I love our family, and I love you Randa! Hope you had the best "blessed" birthday ever!!!

14 comments:

Kate said...

I think you're wearing (Sal) my hand-me-down "Lido" tee-shirt in that last picture. Nice church outfit! LOVE dad in it.
Also, I must point out on that top photo- I'm 10 and a half and Emma is 9 so that's a little different. It does show how the growth spurt/puberty days are on their way though! Yikes.
I always loved mom's china.
Oh and a VERY Happy Birthday to one sweet little sister! We do certainly love you:)

Sally said...

No way! That was my Lido t-shirt. I loved it. It came with the skirt. You had the pink skirt, and I don't know what shirt. I know, I look so nice for church!

Kate said...

Whatever- you didn't even remember it was "Lido" until I reminded you and then you try to claim it? Ppshh!

Sally said...

Oh, please! Of course I knew it was Lido. I remember not knowing what that was, but then finding out it was the level of a deck on a cruise ship. Uh, huh, that's what I thought!
Face!

Kate said...

Oh man- I thought it had something to do with swimming or a swimming pool on a ship...bummer for me...oh wait a minute...according to WIKIPEDIA I'm exactly right!

Facial Scrub yellow jean skirt!!!

Sally said...

yeah, the Lido Deck is the one where the pool is.
Burn!

Mom said...

It just never ends, does it?

Anyway....Happy, happy birthday to my sweetest youngest one!

Love you all.

Mom said...

And yes, that red dress was definitely a Grandma Giles special!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

The further down you are on the totem pole, the more keen you are on what is your OWN and what is not. Just sayin'.
I think a previous post on your own blog implicates YOU as the wearer of the so-called "yacht club" attire.
But, egh-hem, LOVE YOU RANDA!

Amy said...

Wow girls that was alot to catch up on!
Rand sorry I never called today I was crazy all day. It is 1 am and I just finished doing hair, and am going to bed.
We all sure LOVE you. Hope it was a very happy b-day!

Miranda said...

Uh...
Thanks. It was a very good, laid back day. I gave tours, my boss bought me lunch, went to rehearsal for Christmas Carol, then Bubba and I went to dinner at one of our favorite St. George restaurants--Ruby Tuesday, you know it!-- this was followed by mindless wandering through TJ Max and watching Sesame Street Clips--that was accidental, but VERY fun.
So yes, a good day.
Love you all.
So excited for all the good news on the homefront! Lets keep it rolling!

Kate said...

Yeah, I think there was more than ONE Yacht Club shirt around in the 80's. It's so funny because I deleted my comment cause I started thinking that, that was probably enough and didn't see you had already replied! Just to let you know what that's about.

Is there more good news on the homefront I haven't heard?

Jeff Giles said...

Happy Birthday Rand. Love you.

Sorry Sal and Kate used your birthday post to have the lamest disagreement I've ever seen.