Sunday, March 22, 2009

Celebrating 28 years of Jeff!


So... As you all know, I turned the big 2-8 this week. Carrie took me out to dinner, to play pool, and for ice cream (she put a lit candle shown in the picture). We went back to her house to watch the new episode of The Office on ti-v0, when I walked into the house and saw myself on the couch! A fully dressed (cardboard) version of myself complete with shirt, tie, basketball shorts, and shoes. It was hilarious! Her whole family helped put it together: her brother was the model for the cut out, her dad created the face image, and her mom got way too serious with the details and drew hair on my legs. It was the most original gift I've ever gotten.
I decided that my birthday should extend through the weekend. Thursday we did everything mentioned, Friday I had a shared surprise birthday party with a couple other guys whose birthdays are close to mine, and Saturday, Carrie and I went to Zions National Park for the day to go hiking. Neither of us had ever been there, so it was fun. The hike we went on said "moderate", but we were sharing the trail with a bunch of little kids and a guy who had two canes (bless his heart) it was a nice walk though. Awesome view. Next time we'll dominate the most difficult hike Zion has to offer.
Thanks for all your phone calls! And the video text from Amy and Tatum.
So that brings me to a critical question: Is Carrie a total creep for making my double? OR is she sweet, fun, and original?
Joke for the kids: Why was the baby ant confused?-- Because all of his uncles were ants?!


6 comments:

Kate said...

Man you guys are so cute! Carrie you are awesome! That is such a fun idea for a gift :) So glad you had a fun birthday weekend!!!! Happy Birthday Jeffy!
(thanks for the text- I love new posts)

Mom said...

OK, as Dad would say, "Creepo-Gunky!" Maybe you're too young to remember that line, but you pulled a heart-stopper on me! Your text left me fully expecting to see wedding rings posted--which, by the way, would not be the right way to announce that kind of news to your mom!

Anyway, looks like you had a great birthday...and it took someone really awesome to pull it off. What an creative mind! Good work, Carrie! Keep him guessing!

Happy Birthday! Love you.

Miranda said...

I think she is great. And, hello! Next time you go to zion you should tell me! I live right here. I recommend the Angel's Landing hike. It's great.

Miranda said...

yeah, no kidding. I was expecting a ring too. And yes, mom is right. Do do that over text.

Sally said...

Double take! That is pretty funny! Good job, Carrie. I'll have to keep that one in mind. Did you draw in the nose hairs, too? Please don't!
You guys are cute. I'm feeling pressured now to do the same soon...have to take some pictures though.

Sally said...

All that texting for this!!!
I have to agree I thought it was going to be a bit bigger news. Great job Carrie very funny! OOOWWWHH on the nose hairs that still grosses me out a bit. Great idea I love those creative birthday ideas.

Amy