Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Year of the Good Life

I officially named 2008, "The Year of the Good Life" because it's hard to imagine a life much better than what I'm living now: 3 miles from the beach, spending my days reading novels (often by the pool), teaching part time, awesome roommate, perfect weather, great ward with lots of friends. So, this is just a picture I took of the dessert I made for a competition at FHE last night. I won Best Presentation despite the semi-sloppiness of the layers and that the chocolate starts melted into funky shapes in the car.
I'm also posting a link to my flickr account so you can see more pictures of good times had so far this year. Mostly, there are pictures of when Tatum and Jane visited me (including the infamous pic taken right before my tidepool accident). There are also some reminders of why the single life doesn't totally stink--lots of beautiful flowers!
Click here for fotos.

8 comments:

Jeff Giles said...

Yuck no one has a sick "Flickr" account. Yuck find me a job in San Diego!

Kate said...

you look beautiful in this picture! Pamela must be right :) But seriously- you do

Kate said...

I couldn't look up your pictures. Do you have to create an account?

Miranda said...

I created an account and still couldn't see them.

Amy said...

Dallin said "don't go past that picture!" "why" I said "b/c it is sooooooooooooo sooooooo soooo sooooo cute of Sally!"

The Giles Family said...

You do have to create a flickr account. I had one from when Jared made me do it about a year ago to look at some of his pics. I'll change my settings so that you can see them (Randa) without me having to add you as a friend.

Pamela Williams said...

kudos on the cake! and im jealous, you have a GREAT life! beautiful flowers, beautiful you...i wished i lived 3mi from the beach

kate - no...i was wrong! i dont know what you heard from jeff, but im sure it was a lie

The Giles Family said...

Perfect. Both you and the cake! Glad it got a prize...now we both know a nifty deco trick. Mom