Saturday, March 29, 2008

60th Anniversary -- June 24



In answer to the questions as to whether we're doing anything special for the 60th, Nancee and I have talked it over with them, and they really don't seem to want to do anything big. Our get-together at the temple made them very happy and may be the biggest part of the celebration, or maybe we'll try to pull it off again. Grampa has talked about renting a boat and doing a harbor cruise or something like that, but it's too complicated to try to get everyone in one place like we did at Pismo. I think they'll be happy with lots of well-wishes and cards or small mementos. If you come across any heartfelt but simple ideas I can pull off, let me know--I'm on the lookout for something like that.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I've seen in a magazine called "Keepsakes" I think, a quilt that you can put pictures on different squares or design a square. Then they put it into a quilt for you. You send in the pictures, etc. I can't remember the cost- around $100. But there were other neat things like that in it. Maybe I'll look it up online or look for the magazine in our basket o' magazines.