Sunday, March 23, 2008

What does Miranda do:

This is a secret look at me at work. In this photo the poor unsuspecting 6th grader from Cedar Middle school is about to meet her tragic end and Juliet, just like her husband on the ground in front of her. I am showing her the proper dramatic expression needed in the scene, complete with UAAHAHAHGGG's etc.
When not in classes like this one I am at my office diligently researching or writing about the plays in our upcoming season. I am heading a project that will create informative and 'cool' programs for each production this summer that patrons will be able to buy for, I hope around, $3.
Or, when I'm not in class or at my computer I am at our rehearsals for the kid production of 'Pirates of Penzance' that will be opening April 8th for 4 performances in 48 hours. It is really amazing to see our 11 year old 'model of a modern major general' belt out his tongue twisting lyrics only slightly off key. I love the kids, even if some of them drive me up a wall.
So, that's my life from 9-6 every day. Now you know.

2 comments:

The Giles Family said...

Thanks for choosing the other picture/text layout.

Amy said...

That is fun to see you in action! I know Tatum's class really enjoyed having you. You are so much fun, a perfect job for you. It incorporates all the things you like to do.