Friday, September 18, 2009

Health Report

I'm finding there are a lack of people to brag to about this to, so I can count on my family right? Except I did actually call Amy to tell her this earlier today so.....the rest of you.
You may be of the opinion that I have the sickly genes in our family. I have heard mom say I was her most "sickly" child. Yes, I did get JRA at 10 and yes, I have severe nausea when preg...

BUT after not having my cholesterol checked since the cafeteria finger prinking machine in 7th grade, I decided I better get it checked out- along with the basic "physical" stuff. So....I'm happy to report that my cholesterol which they want below 200, is 165. My triglycerides (fats in blood I think) which they want below 150, is 37! Oh yeah! He said he hasn't seen triglycerides that low in a long time. He said I got an "A+ on my blood work" I haven't gotten an A+ in a long time and I was beaming when he said that. I also got an EKG that looked good.

Best of all was having better numbers than Dana, who was happy, of course, that I'm healthy and receiving glowing blood reports, but a little bit mystified by the fact that I never exercise and he's running marathons.
The doctor concluded with, "keep doing what you're doing" and "I guess you have good genes..."

11 comments:

Sally said...

Wow! Nice!!
I'm sure my blood is fattier than that. I've actually been thinking I should go get a physical just because I haven't since probably my mission. And I have poor circulation in my legs, despite exercising! I think I may have gotten that from Grandma Pat. Maybe it's going to be my turn to be the sickly one. Hope not!

Miranda said...

Congratulations to you! And A+ is bound to make anyone happy.

Mom said...

Way to go! And as long as we're bragging, I've lost 13 pounds...more to come.

Kate said...

Geeat job
mom! How's GP doing?

Sally said...

wow, Mom! Awesome!!

Amy said...

That is so cool Mom! Nothing like some wedding motivation.

Mom said...

Or 2...
Not anywhere near where I want to be yet, but at least I'm headed in the right direction, which I haven't been for a long time.

Grampa's doing pretty well. As far as getting along without Grandma, he's doing OK--understands the gospel and knows this is part of life and he can deal with it. His health hasn't been too good this week, though. He went to the dr to try to get some help with his ongoing bladder problems, and it just seems to have made it worse. So he's really discouraged right now--can't even go to church today. We may just have to wait it out a bit and hope things get better.

Miranda said...

Yeah Mamma!

Jeff Giles said...

Congratulations Kate. That is really funny about Dana.

Well in my own health news I had a swore throat this weekend and went to the doctor. They weighed me and maybe the scale was off but I came in at 183. Which is up a few pounds so it appears that I've finally reached the stage that I can gain weight. I'm happy about it but a little nervous. Happy because I'll finally gain some muscle weight nervous cause I can probably gain fat too.

That night I went and bought some really nice running shoes. I'm going to start working out consistently. I'm considering training for a half marathon. Dana is my inspiration.

Kate said...

Dana would love to run it with you. I think he's thinking of a half for like June. I don't know if that's too far away for you but you guys should talk and plan it. That's awesome Jeff!

Jeff Giles said...

That's not too far away. I'm totally out of shape and June will be here in no time at all.