Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Ball is Officially Rolling


Today, after a summer of long and hard trudging through bureaucratic hoops, and with the help of many many kind people, I finally submitted the k-1 visa paperwork. I mailed off 70 pages of documentation that Eter and I have an honest-to-goodness relationship.

Here's us a few weeks ago, starting to really put things together.




I took some footage of this monumental day. Unfortunately, it's a one-woman show (and not a very entertaining show, starring a girl who doesn't ever like being filmed) since Eter has this annoying thing called a job in Mexico. And even though I look perplexed in this first shot, I'm very happy actually! (Just getting old, eew.)



So, don't go making a paper chain or anything. We've got at least a 5 month wait until the paperwork even moves to the next location. Ah, the waiting game! How can it be so hard to do nothing? Thanks to all for your support and love!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Pure excitement I tell ya! Good job on getting that sent off! Yea!

Mom said...

I am thrilled! Maybe the government will see how perfect it is and send everything right on through in a jiffy-- we can always hope. Love to you both! Yippee!

Amy said...

miracle can happen we will pray for a faster return!

Mom said...

Miranda....?

Amy said...

Faster turn around of the paper work, is what I meant....but that would be fine too! :)

Jeff Giles said...

Yuck, that's cool congratulations!

Denise said...

Sally!!!! yeah! finally. Unfortunately that ball is going to roll very slowly. Hopefully slow enough for me to be back for you spring wedding. Congrats!