Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our Brother (or son)- The Man

Maybe it's the fact that I don't see Jeff enough or that he's now 28. Or the fact that the older he gets, the more he reminds me of dad from my childhood memories. (K- this was supposed to be funny and now I'm teary). But- little Jeffy is all grown up and I've got the pictures to prove it.

We visited him and his new house on the way to Utah. We got there at like midnight and Jeff was so kind as to give our family his room with attached bathroom. And Carrie was so kind to wait around for us too. Upon arrival it unfortunetly became very anti-climatic with crying, tired kids we had to deal with and try to get back to sleep. But it was fun to see her. I guess the whole experience together made me think of Jeff as a grown up instead of a kid.

Since I don't know that Jeff is planning on posting "new house" pictures anytime soon (if ever), I thought I'd give him a little help. And let's face it- I'm like the family photographer. I hate to name drop but "Salter" may have possibly mentioned something to me about wedding photography. They might have been saying it in a "desperate times, desperate measures" kinda way, but twas said just the same.
It was dark but the neighborhood looked really cute.
Homeowner extraordinaire to greet us.
Fabulous uncle day and night.
They were leaving for NYC the next day, and we were off to visit Randa in the morning early. But we did have time to chat before we left. That's when it hit me- Jeff is a man. He's got a house, a job, he's taking trips, he's found a very sweet, fun girl, he's an awesome, grown up guy! Go Jeff! And thanks for letting us barge in the day before your trip. It was short but sweet. We LOVE you!!!

Stay tuned for upcoming Cedar/Randa/SUU post.

3 comments:

Sally said...

He's 28! I only say it to make myself feel a little bit better, since Jeff has indeed proven himself more of an adult (at least on paper) than me. sigh.
I need to come see the house sometime.
I notice something... Jeff seems to have gotten better all around and more grown up ever since Carrie showed up... tres interesante. Just sayin'.
But, here, here! Good job, Jeff!

Amy said...

Wow! that wasn't funny sorry Kate, it was VERY sweet though. Jeffy is all grown up we just need to convince Carrie that he is as great as we know he is. I can't wait we are the next guests! (Wed) Anyway we love you and GREAT JOB, keep it up!

Jeff Giles said...

Oh that's so nice of you Kate. Anytime you guys want to come you're welcome. I still feel like a kid sometimes but the weight of a job, bills and now mortgage does make me feel like an adult. I don't know if that's a good thing being a kid is so much more fun. It will be fun to have you come Amy. I'm glad you'll be here earlier so we can eat dinner or something.