Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting my domestic on.


Yesterday I made a verifiable Easter feast. I think it’s the first time I made a multi-dish, large enough for a large family (even thought it was only for three), pre-planed meal that included a large chunk of meat. For some reason, Mom, none of us seem to have latched on to your meat prepping skills.

Anyway, everything turned out SO good. It was delicious, not UNnutritious, very pretty, and perfectly timed so that the men folk got home from church just as the asparagus was getting tender. I was quite proud of myself. Thanks to all of you who guided me through various parts of the process.



The strawberry angel food cake collapsed a little bit on it's self because the plate was too small. Oh well. It still tastes great! The 'frosting' was strawberry yogurt mixed with cool whip. M-mm-mmm.

7 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, (count them) 6 dishes! Nice. Yeah, I can't decide what really deters me from cooking meat--laziness, cost, or prissiness.
Men folk? More than Bubba?

Kate said...

AHHHHH..Angel food cake....

Miranda said...

Him and his appreciative roommate Nate.

Sally said...

Nate. You love that name.

Miranda said...

Yeah. He's engaged, not to me.

Mom said...

My old carnivorous heart beats proudly.

Amy said...

I am impressed! It all looks great, and timing is very tricky. I did the tradtional "bunny bread" and easter egg breakfast. We setteled for pork chops & rice for dinner.
Great Job Rand showing-off the skills of a Wife and Mother!!!