Friday, December 12, 2008

Food, Folks, and Fun




Lately I've been eating a lot of junk, as tends to happen at the end of every quarter when I'm too busy researching, writing, and grading to care. So, I decided to finally make a nice, homemade dinner. Cooking meat of any kind is a special occasion for me. Plus I had a vegetable, used some fresh herbs, and had (gasp!) rolls. Even though they were just Brown 'n Serves that I saw at Henry's at the last minute for $0.99.

(By the way, am I the only one who looks for a cent sign on the number bar? They should replace that ^ above the 6. I don't know what you would even use that ^ for...)

Anyways, this is my kitchen. These are my friends. I feel like I never share enough what my life is really like. So, you all know Kelly. And this is Melanie, who just got engaged to Brandon. Congrats to them! Getting married in Feb, so I will move to my own room again when that happens. It's been fun. I'll miss living with her. Krystle got engaged, too, and on the same day. Wowsa!

Anyway, the lemon-garlic chicken turned out well, and I roasted these cherry tomatoes for 10 min in the oven with just some olive oil, salt and pepper. We all agreed it was a nice winter way to eat tomatoes. I think we're spoiled in the product dept here in San Diego though.

Can't wait to see everyone at Christmas! It's coming up quick!
PS--I don't think the pictures are going to show up where I want them. Sorry about that.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for sharing some of your life. You guys look very cute together. The dinner looks awesome :) great job!

Amy said...

Yum I want all those recipes. It looks so good.