Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Friday after Thankgiving

Since you all have wonderful brains and great ideas, I'm hoping we can have a brain-storm to figure out pretty specific plans for the day after Thanksgiving. I really don't want to have no plans and everyone just do their own thing that day. We'll all be staying at different places but maybe we could kinda meet somewhere in between. Mom and I talked about maybe going to check out the potential campsite for this summer. I think that's a good idea. Maybe go to the beach while we're there? Maybe do a firepit? Smores? Re-roast some leftovers? My family will probably go stay at Sally's that night. I think that's what we said and then come back home on Saturday from her house. Anymore ideas?

9 comments:

Amy said...

I like that idea, We really want to go to the beach too!

Sally said...

Sounds good to me. I should be back at my house Friday night because Joaquin and I have temple shifts Saturday morning. I guess we're planning to stay Thurs at Nancee's too.... It also kind of depends on his work situation, so I'll let you know.
But the beach sounds fun, maybe a little chilly, unless this weather holds up. I'll try to think of more things.

Miranda said...

uhh. I don't even know where I will be staying so I guess I'm good with whatever. The beach is always nice.
Does anyone maybe want to go to see dad's grave? I know we've never really been into that, but I don't know if the kids have ever seen it. I've only been once. Grandma and Grandpa Giles are there too, of course.

Kate said...

I've only been once too but I don't think it'll work for us this time because of the drive (from Nancee's, to there, then to somewhere else, then to San Diego). Plus, I always think of dad alot when I'm at the beach. Plus, it's really hard to control 4kids in a mortuary with all that open area for longer than 10 mins. But after you drive to get there you feel like you should stay longer than 10 mins. I would like to do that sometime though- good idea. Seriously.

Mom said...

Barbara Jo said we could put Sally and Randa at her house if we needed to--she has one bed available.

Jeff Giles said...

Yeah, I go wherever after Thanksgiving. I don't have kids so it's not hard for me to get around.

Kate said...

Jeff are you sleeping at mom's?

Jeff Giles said...

Yeah, I just figured I'd sleep at Mom's.

Mom said...

See my last comment on the "Games" post. I put it in the wrong place.