Friday, April 23, 2010

The Fantabulous Froerers

Dan and Amy decided to take on the project of having a booth at Relay For Life this year. They took even more time out of their super busy lives to contribute to this cause- and do a little marketing along the way. Amy went to massage schools and got students who are close to graduating to volunteer their time. People had to fill out some info and get a "once over" by Dan who was fun to watch doing his stuff.
Amy, Tatum, and Eli (he loved this job) stood out front of their booth and offered passers-by free massages (donations appreciated).
I returned for the 5am shift. I could not believe the music was still blaring and how many people were still there and wide awake at that time!
I enjoyed the sunrise.
Emma asked if she could come with me. That girl sure loves to talk!
The Froerer's slept their in a tent so Tatum and Jane joined us for the last couple laps.
It was fun being part of this great cause- even though I didn't really do anything hard for it this year (like try and earn money). But Dan and Amy definitely did. Hats off to them- they are a couple of amazing people :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Awwhh! Thanks Kate it was ALOT of work but in the end good I think we have raised close to $1000!!
I still haven't got the final count. We will be there next year too. (Although it is on our b-daY)
I figure what better way to celebrate then to be beating down on CANCER!
I wish I had taken more pics, it was just sooo busy. Thanks for taking the 5 AM shift it was a hard one to fill!

Mom said...

Wow! You did a lot of work for this and it looks like it paid off in the end. $1000 to beat up on cancer is terrific--and Miranda did another several hundred for her Cancer walk too! I'm so proud of all of you! Congrats on a job well done.

Miranda said...

Great work Amy. It feels so great to work and support a cause that is so close to our hearts. Love you all. Thanks for your support.