Sunday, February 8, 2009

After 25 years...


Hi,
Here is a bit of good news for everyone. I have a boyfriend, officially. Bubba (yes, for all intents and purposes, it is his REAL name.) and I have been good friends since May. We've been spending a lot more time alone since the new year, and, as of this week, we are officially official. (Construe that as you will.) Some of you have met him already, but here is some info:
Born in Texas, moved to Pleasant Grove in high school.
6' tall, loves sports (esp. football) music, and supports my theater habits.
Full name: Gregory (he hates it) Matthew Jackson.
Youngest of 6.
Majoring in Business and working at a land title company.
Missionary in Paraguay, speaks Spanish and Guarani.
Very attractive and very gentlemanly.
So...yeah!

15 comments:

Sally said...

SCORE! Just in time for Valentine's! Whoo whoo. And, yes, I met him and he was fun and nice. Two youngests, huh? There's gotta be some kind of birth-order reading about that. I've found I mostly go for oldests, for some reason.

Mom said...

Yee haw! I noticed your change of status on Facebook... was gonna ask. Have a great Valentine's Day. He's a good guy, and I like him. You deserve the BEST...

Amy said...

OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!
I am happy for you have fun and enjoy. My advice have fun don't be too serious.

Kate said...

Randa! How exciting! I noticed on facebook it said you were no longer listed as single and then I went to your profile and got distracted by your "Bawston" pictures. That's funny that we were talking about him at Christmas. Did you finally express your interest?

Jeff Giles said...

Congrats that's very cool! I'm sure you'll get used to the name in time. If you haven't already. That's good that you were friends for so long. FYI I'm still with Carrie even if Facebook hasn't told you.

Miranda said...

Come on Jeff, if it's not on facebook it's not real.

Mom said...

Be fair now. He has a couple photo as his id. Lookin' real to me!

Amy said...

Oh my- Did you really say if its not on FB its not REAL! I hope that was not being real. aaagggh

Kate said...

pretty sure she was kidding. How's it going with Carrie Jeff? Bring her to CA this weekend!

Jeff Giles said...

Hmmm I would like to but I'm pretty sure that she has to work at one of her two jobs.

Kate said...

I've read that the best combo for marriage is- oldest girl, youngest boy. Dana and I are close! But if you're a responsible youngest, thats like being oldest.
Jeff- you didn't answer my question.

Jeff Giles said...

Things are good with Carrie. She is the oldest girl and I am the youngest boy. Of course she's also the only girl and I'm the only boy... But yea she's on call at the spa on Saturday since in Valentines Day she'll probably have to work.

Miranda said...

FYI: Of course I was kidding.

Amy said...

Ok that is the problem with this you can't since sarcasm! I was being a bit sarcastic, sorry its a hhard habit to break!

Sally said...

So, Amy. It's been almost a month since you've posted anything on your blog. I mean, I know I'm worse, but you've got the kids. We want to see more!