Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Life and Times of James Benjamin: Extraordinary Newborn

Over the last 4 days I had the privilege of being part of the beginning of baby James life. And watching (along with offering occasional advice) Sally and Eter learn the ropes of parenthood. It was really and truly a privilege. Seeing him, holding him, smelling him, being in the beautiful weather, spending time talking with Sally and Eter, reading a great book ("The Forgotten Garden"), sleeping in (unintentionally- but savored nonetheless) And taking a few pictures :) Sally gave me permission to post about their cute little baby and I REALLY had a struggle to narrow it down a little or else I'd post about 50 pictures (which is the first narrowed-down number and they are all cute). But it is a family blog and lets face it, a new family member isn't born every day. So no one's complaining about too many pictures right?
A few are blurry- but still cute. He kept trying to smile.
Got to spend one day with mom there :)
Might be my favorite.
Also a top contender.
Ready for 1st bath. Soo handsome! (and mommy in the background:)
Sleepy boy.
He's telling me I'm his favorite aunt really loudly. (actually his cry is very little and sweet).
Emma's favorite.
The very cute family of 3!
Welcome sweet baby boy! Can't wait to see you (and all the rest of you) in 2 weeks!!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Thanks, Kate! I still hadn't seen all of these pics. I need to get on Eter's computer.
But I'm home alone with him for the first time right now, and he's sleeping. Nap time!
It was so great having you here! Thanks for everything!!!

Mom said...

Beautiful baby, beautiful family, beautiful pictures.
Good job everyone! what a happy week.

Tatum Olivia-Mae said...

Ahhhhh! so sweet just can't wait to hold this sweet boy! Great job Sall & Eter he is BEAUTIFUL! like mom says "she make beautiful grandchildren!"
Amy

Jeff Giles said...

He looks really big already. Sally, I could totally see you in his face in a couple of the pictures. Can't wait to meet him and see you all in a couple weeks.

Jeff and Carrie