Saturday, May 7, 2011

I gather the blossoms...



"For if I love flowers and meadows and walking,
I learned how to love them, dear Mother, from you."

I have always really liked the primary song 'I Often Go Walking' because it reminds me of Mom. I still pretty small when Mom went through her Landscape/learn every plant in Latin phase. It was a little like having a mom who was also The Good Witch of the Garden, learning to cast spells to make things grow beautiful around her.
Today I spent my afternoon at a local nursery looking for perennials with good color mixes. I said the Latin names out loud as well as I could, casting poor attempts to give my summer a little more beauty to help balance the craziness of work.
I brought my flowers home and got too much sun as I mixed the dirt with my hands and put the fragile little guys into their friendly little pots.
I hope the spells work.

Happy Mother's Day to the best Good Witch of the Garden Mamma.

And happy Mother's Day to my beautiful Sister-Mommas,
I hope I can be as good as you when I grow up.



1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm so glad you got stuff planted. I'm sure your "spells" will work great :) Can't wait to see you SOOOON! And happy future Mother's Day!